On Sep. 17, 2011 Occupy Wall Street started a revolution. One year later, join us for three days of education, training, and protest in New York City. http://s17nyc.org.
First Harvest at “Occupy The Farm”
At 9:40 AM on July 7, 2012, urban farm activists re-entered the Gill Tract in Albany, CA to harvest crops planted during the 3-week occupation earlier this spring. The action came in response to UC and Albany City officials organizing an invite-only harvest party of the same crops. This date marks the first re-entry of urban farm activists on the land since UC Berkeley reasserted private control of Gill Tract through a police raid on May 14, 2012.
“The ‘community inclusion’ rhetoric put forth by UC Berkeley and the City of Albany has shown to be full of hot air. Since the Farm was raided, they have not had a single public discussion, yet feel they can railroad the development process through by calling an emergency council meeting on July 9th.” said Effie Rawlings, a recent UC Berkeley graduate and Occupy the Farm organizer.
The farmers say that the City and UC’s attempts to exclude the public are unacceptable, and that today’s action will not be the last, unless access to the land and decision making process becomes public.
From June 30th to July 4th, 2012, Occupy movement activists and supporters will gather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for the first Occupy National Gathering. This event is the culmination of months of organizing and consensus-building by countless activists from across the country. It has been endorsed by Occupy General Assemblies from Wall Street to Sacramento, and Austin to Kalamazoo, providing a clear example of the movement’s disparate chapters collaborating on a massive scale.
Occupy Philadelphia and the National Gathering Working Group, which initially proposed the event, invite all people to gather on Independence Mall for five days of community and movement building culminating in a massive outdoor gathering on July 4th. The main goals of the event are to strengthen our internal bonds, join together in direct actions, and engage in a transparent democratic process reflecting the values of the movement.
Activities will include:
Four days of discussions, teach-ins, political theater, and community bonding.
Protests and direct actions with Occupiers from across the movement.
Collectively crafting a Vision for a Democratic Future on July 4th.
All people of good conscience who are fed up and ready to stand up for economic and social justice are invited to join us at Independence Mall. We will send the message that injustice of any kind is unacceptable. No government or corporation can ignore the will of the people any longer. We can build a better world together.
Those in Solidarity so far…
- IndyOWS – Indianapolis, IN
- Occupy Albany – Albany, NY
- Occupy Asheville – Asheville, NC
- Occupy Astoria – New York, NY
- Occupy Austin – Austin, TX
- Occupy Baltimore – Baltimore, MD
- Occupy Baton Rouge – Baton Rouge, LA
- Occupy Birmingham – Birmingham, AL
- Occupy Bozeman – Bozeman, MT
- Occupy Buswick – Buswick, NY
- Occupy Carson City – Carson City, NV
- Occupy Charleston – Charleston, SC
- Occupy Chattanooga – Chattanooga, TN
- Occupy Davis – Davis, CA
- Occupy DC – Washington, DC
- Occupy Delaware – Wilmington, DE
- Occupy Elmira – Corning, NY
- Occupy Erie – Erie, PA
- Occupy Fort Collins – Fort Collins, CO
- Occupy Harrisburg – Harrisburg, PA
- Occupy Harrisonburg – Harrisonburg, VA
- Occupy Hartford – Hartford, CN
- Occupy Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
- Occupy Jersey City – Jersey City, NJ
- Occupy Kalamazoo – Kalamazoo, MI
- Occupy Kansas City – Kansas City, MO
- Occupy Lancaster – Lancaster, PA
- Occupy Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- Occupy Littleton – Littleton, CO
- Occupy Maine – Portland, ME
- Occupy Merced CA – Merced, CA
- Occupy New Orleans – New Orleans, LA
- Occupy Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- Occupy Pikes Peak – Pikes Peak, CO
- Occupy Queens – Queens, NY
- Occupy Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
- Occupy Salt Lake City – Salt Lake City, UT
- Occupy San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Occupy Springfield – Springfield, MO
- Occupy Staten Island – Staten Island, NY
- Occupy Trenton – Trenton, NJ
- Occupy Tulsa – Tulsa, OK
- Occupy Wall Street – New York, NY
- Occupy Worcester – Worcester, MA