There is a lot going on this week in the lead up to September 17th. First off, for some inspiration check out all the solidarity movements around the world.
Meetings & Training:
- USDR is hosting non violent civil disobedience training Friday @ 6:30. See the details and location on the calendar page or on USDR calendar.
- There will be a Tactical Committee Meeting Wednesday, 7pm Fort Greene Park, Brooklyn
- There will be Art & Culture meetings Tuesday and Thursday to discuss activities. Learn more on the calendar page
- Time’s Up will be hosting critical mass style ALL NIGHT rides though the Wall st. area. Meet at Tompkins sq park at 7pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (9/16-18) to join the ride. More info on their calendar page
- There is an event for NY Students Rising September 16, Friday 5:00pm Hunter College
- NYC General Assembly calendar
- There will be a Open General Assembly September 17th, Saturday 3:00pm at Chase Manhattan Plaza.
- NYCGA - September 17th Legal Fact Sheet - Download PDF flyer
- USDR has created an crowd source map for the occupation.
- USDR also has legal information reviewed by the National Lawyers Guild. Check out the USDR resources page. Also take a look at their tactics cheat sheet
- The General Assembly, in association with a number of activists around the world, has set up a live “TV” channel called Global Revolution
- The New York City General Assembly has a website up with minutes from the 9/10 meeting.
- Check out the Occupy Wall Street subreddit for discussion and info.
- HOTLINE FOR ARRESTS September 17, National Lawyers Guild: (212) 679-6018. If you will be at the action write this down on your arm. It was recommended to call them if you hear of an arrest or if you are arrested
Things you can help with:
- The Food Committee is working on feeding people at the occupation, if you can PLEASE DONATE. Contact CunderscoreG@gmail.com to see how you can help food committee
- If you are in the NYC area and can host fellow brothers and sisters, someone is gathering volunteers to help provide access to board & bathe logistical spaces for out-of-towners click here to view the google doc
- Contact the NYCPD expressing your solidarity with the protesters and urging the police to exercise restraint. Also, tell them the world is watching. And thank them for all their hard work. Email form for the NYPD police commissioner. Contact the mayor