Here are the highlights:
- Of those who had an opinion on the occupation, 54% were favourable to the movement, with only 23% against (25% very favourable and 29% somewhat favourable, compared to 10% somewhat unfavourable and 13% very unfavourable)
- 86% agree that Wall Street has too much influence in Washington.
- 79% agree that the income gap in the United States is too large.
- An amazing 71% agree that financial executives who had a hand in the 2008 crisis should be prosecuted!
- 68% agree that the rich should pay more in taxes, and 73% agree that we should raise taxes on those who make $1 million or more a year. 74% agree that raising taxes on millionaires would NOT ‘hurt the economic recovery,’ contrary to the Republican panic.
- Unfortunately, 56% believe that the protest will have little impact on the overall situation, but 30% believe it will have a positive impact.
While we should always be careful not to put too much stock in these polls, this one at least has some good news for those who support #OWS.
KEEP IT UP! People are listening!